=SA= Sniper Alliance Clan website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
=SA= Sniper Alliance Clan website

An Assault Cube Clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latest News : Recruitment at =SA= is OPEN. If interested, post your application in the "Recruitment" forum! | CapOne and PhaNtom members in the clan have left! | Whitelist updated

Discovery

Go down 
+2
Faron
RCJD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Sun 5 Aug - 22:14

I hate messing up the forum and making pointless threads. But this is such a large discovery that I just have to share!
With everyone (:

It's probably no secret for players out there already. I knew mouse acceleration existed but I never bothered with it.

So all I changed around was my /sensitivity. I trained my accuracy on bots, in pubs, in inters, in CM's. I installed the "smoothzoom" mod to see if it would help with my accuracy (it didn't).

I did all these things. I guess my mouse aim did slightly improve over time, but sometimes I would still have horrible days where I can't seem to hit a thing.

BUT THEN IT ALL CHANGED.

Friteq has told me before about tweaking with mouse acceleration. I thought my current sens, 2.3, was what suited me and I was not willing to go bother change any settings.

But for some reason today, when a player I met in a 1v1 told me about his mouse settings, I became curious and gave it a try.

This totally changed my gameplay ==> I am far more accurate and consistent. Though it feels different and I am still awkward (I've only tried this new setting out for a few hours), I think I have been given a powerful gift, now I just gotta get used to it.

What exactly did I do? Probably nothing new to some players, but wow, I didn't know it would make such a difference. I lowered my /sensitivity from 2.3 to 1.4, but increased acceleration from the default 0.0 to 0.7. Now I have an awesome steadier fire due to low sens, but I can still move my gun around nicely with the acceleration to help me!

Tried this on all weapons and I'm pretty happy with it. To be honest, I am probably weaker up close now but I have a signifcantly better mid/long range. And hey, even the useless "smoothzoom" I had unused before is kinda helpful (sometimes).

This is only Day 1 but I am very excited (hell, I'm posting this at 4:10 AM) and hopeful! I'll keep updating about how this setting works out.

I'm also a bit frustrated. My hours and hours of practice and effort to improve myself seemed to have been in vain, as all it took to have better aim was a 2 minute change-up of settings.

So that makes me think - is AC really just about getting the right settings and hardware, and not as much about skill? I believe I have brought myself to the caliber of players that were once above me... in 2 minutes of setting changing. It really made that much of a difference.

Okay rant over, I should sleep now. Or do the homework I should've done while testing AC stuff. Ooops.

RCJD.
Back to top Go down
Faron
=SA= Member | Janitor
Faron

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 1:27

Only I have magical powers.
Back to top Go down
ThePrinter
M.I.A.
ThePrinter

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 4:22

What does acceleration do?
Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 5:35

ThePrinter wrote:
What does acceleration do?

If you move your mouse a little bit, due to a low sensitivity, it doesn't move much. However, if you make a larger motion, acceleration means the motion gets faster and faster. A large motion means you can move from looking forward to looking backwards (180 degrees) at a good speed - due to acceleration.
Back to top Go down
ThePrinter
M.I.A.
ThePrinter

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 6:43

yeah I found that out Very Happy

Thanks man this is some nice stuff!

Goodluck with ur hw!
Back to top Go down
Lateralus
Resigned =SA= Founding Member | =SA= Friend
Lateralus

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 7:09

Yeah I totally agree that one must tweak to get good accuracy. I think it's a good idea to make these tweaks public and level the playing ground.. In my point of view these are low level hacks because any modifications to a game should be able to be changed in the main menu settings to make it a clear option to everyone.

This is kind of off topic but other things come into play also such as muscle memory and knowledge of the map. Competitive players more inters because pubs are too easy. Once they master their accuracy they can look to strategy and team work. This in my opinion is when it becomes a whole different game.
Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 7:14

Lateralus wrote:

This is kind of off topic but other things come into play also such as muscle memory and knowledge of the map. Competitive players more inters because pubs are too easy. Once they master their accuracy they can look to strategy and team work. This in my opinion is when it becomes a whole different game.

Agreed. I realize that the team play and the clan-ship (lol not a word d: ) is what makes me enjoy this game. Otherwise I would be playing some other FPS.

But I am still a bit asdfajd;faiwfj that improving my individual skill was pretty easy - a few clicks in the menu. How did I not see it before?
Back to top Go down
Lateralus
Resigned =SA= Founding Member | =SA= Friend
Lateralus

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 7:24

RCJD wrote:

Agreed. I realize that the team play and the clan-ship (lol not a word d: ) is what makes me enjoy this game. Otherwise I would be playing some other FPS.
But I am still a bit asdfajd;faiwfj that improving my individual skill was pretty easy - a few clicks in the menu. How did I not see it before?

I'll try to be careful not to bite my own tongue now but Yes "Clan-ship" is important because it is more fun reaching a group goal. what i meant by low level hacks are commands like /smoothmove. I guess I should take the term hack back because these commands aren't helpful to all. peoples' system performance vary greatly in this game so I guess it is up to the player to optimize FPS, Hitreg, and connection issues.

Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 7:46

One thing I think players agree on is that these factors...
-settings
-hitreg
-frame rate
-ping ping ping ping ping
-equipment/hardware

...they affect a player's skill, and that is really annoying. Ideally, everyone is given the same conditions/settings/equipment and then from there skill can be recognized. However, this is not the case.

And yeah, there are many "low-level hacks". I don't know what /smoothmove is though O_o
Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 6 Aug - 18:17

Day 2:

Very advantageous for 1v1's, not-tight maps.

A bit trickier for target-switching and close quarters. However, it's mostly pubs that require facing 3+ players at once, or close quarter crowded combat... matches are alright.
Back to top Go down
phantom1
M.I.A.

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Sun 12 Aug - 8:23

Thanks a lot for this tip, I have been struggling with finding the right balance of consistency yet easy movement
Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Mon 13 Aug - 17:50

More experimenting. Today I tried 0.6 accel and 1.0 sens.... I do hope I can find something I can settle on!
Back to top Go down
sn1p3r_sh0t
Retired =SA= Member
sn1p3r_sh0t

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Tue 4 Sep - 5:00

oughta try that someday
Back to top Go down
ThePrinter
M.I.A.
ThePrinter

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1Tue 4 Sep - 5:09

Sniper <3

Welcome man. You still play AC? new nick?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery   Discovery Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Discovery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=SA= Sniper Alliance Clan website :: GENERAL (public) :: News-
Jump to: