=SA= Sniper Alliance Clan website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
=SA= Sniper Alliance Clan website

An Assault Cube Clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latest News : Recruitment at =SA= is OPEN. If interested, post your application in the "Recruitment" forum! | CapOne and PhaNtom members in the clan have left! | Whitelist updated

Sonic about his MIA status

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonic
Visitor
Sonic

Sonic about his MIA status Empty
PostSubject: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 10:30

I know i need to start my own thread but I wanted to make a distinction while this is up.
I don't know if I should have to reapply, I never left. I was away, and gave notice each time I was away. Either in a PM or conversation in IRC with comet, or capone, or macm, rarely subordinate members but occasionally, and usually a combination of 2 or more, and often including forum posts. Sometimes, I was literally unable to provide notice until after the fact, because my situation in an SLE or amongst other violent morons and thieves could change at the spur of a moment(not to mention my family), but I always made sure to communicate my commitment to and unconditional love for the Sniper Alliance clan.

I'll concede to the fact that my shoreleaves were exceptionally long, which is obviously what led to M.I.A. status (which I believe to be a mistaken judgement, or at least a miscommunication), but that was outside of my power. Circumstances including, but not limited to, broken bones, incarceration, institutionalization, broken computers, no internet access, abusive fiance, inability to access AC or IRC. I can say that from today forward, my life should be in a much more stable position, considering my family is finally willing to provide some support, and never send me somewhere against my will again (including SLEs).

I can also gladly report that I bought a lenovo A6amd as a gift for myself for christmas, a lightweight 14" 0.85 thick notebook. On a side note, if anyone has good ideas on how to make money with a broken tibia I would be much appreciative (like over the internet probably.)
_._._
on a related note I got 3 books, one of which:
"The Places That Scare You" by Pema Chodron
---“Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded. It's a relationship between equals. Only when we know our own darkness well can we be present with the darkness of others. Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity.”---
---“Rejoicing in ordinary things is not sentimental or trite. It actually takes guts. Each time we drop our complaints and allow everyday good fortune to inspire us, we enter the warrior's world.”---
---"We habitually erect a barrier called blame that keeps us from communicating genuinely with others, and we fortify it with our concepts of who's right and who's wrong. We do that with the people who are closest to us and we do it with political systems, with all kinds of things that we don't like about our associates or our society. It is a very common, ancient, well-perfected device for trying to feel better. Blame others. Blaming is a way to protect your heart, trying to protect what is soft and open and tender in yourself. Rather than own that pain, we scramble to find some comfortable ground."---

Last edited by ThePrinter on Fri 28 Dec - 19:32; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Why not create your own thread?)
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlameZ
Visitor
ShadowFlameZ

PostSubject: Re: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 13:10

Amen, having members who had to leave earlier go through the entire process is a bit harsh.
If they weren't dedicated in the first place (unlike Sonic, who I think has been a longtime dedicated member - been here since before I joined the clan), why would they bother returning?
Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

PostSubject: Sonics about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 14:20

ShadowFlameZ wrote:
why would they bother returning...

...and spam our forums?

=D
Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

PostSubject: Re: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 20:11

Sonic, about your MIA status:

We have had multiple clan meetings deciding on reforms needing to be made regarding member commitment.

The roster simply was huge, though 80% on the list were not active. Not just game inactive, but also forum/IRC inactive too.

We felt to create a closer bonding between members, we should clean up the list and set in stone what is the commitment expectations to be in this clan.

While we understand you've had tons of unfortunate events and that led to your absence... there was no clear message to the clan about a date which you would return.

So after you were inactive on this forum for 30+ days, we sent a warning email + PM, like we did with all other missing members, and shortly after you were moved to MIA.

Back to top Go down
ThePrinter
M.I.A.
ThePrinter

PostSubject: Re: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 21:12

I agree,

=SA= has chanced: you have chanced and who says =SA= still suits you?

secondly you were active some times during your abcense: reviving old threads: why not leaving a post then? We'd love to know how you are doing and if you had an idea how long it would take you to become active again. Seconldly I want to ask Comet and Cap0ne to look into their message devices because if they got a message from you I can't imagine they didnt post that on these forums.

If you DID tell them about your abcense and they can prove that then I think you atleast did your best and that should be rewarded with a trial membership or something. (My opinion: not a promise: the full clan decides about that)
Otherwise you would have to follow the apply-steps just like any other MIA-member.

Back to top Go down
@l <@P0n3
Resigned =SA= Founding Member | =SA= Friend
@l <@P0n3

PostSubject: Re: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 23:24

@Printer I personally don't have Sonic's contact on my mobiles and didn't receive any PMs from him on this forum. But we still can ask Comet.

What I'm going to say about this issue might seem a little bit awkward, because even if i know Sonic was facing some rough times, and even if I remember the fun times we had together, as the clan has moved on and enhanced its standards (I'm especially talking about dedication and commitment), imo I would agree with both RCJD and ThePrinter's positions.

I'm sorry to say Sonic, but as you were unable to tell us when you would be able to return and was away for longer than a month and unable to keep us informed, you have been moved to MIA. Now that you are MIA, again imo, you'll need to pass through the recruitment process like all the others.

Though, I personally would keep in mind the reasons of your absence and would act accordingly if you wish to re-apply. Btw, I'm clearly not blaming you. Just saying chance wasn't on your side and I sincerely hope that the tide has turned for you.

Best regards,

EDIT: After debating issue with Comet, Sonic had real life difficulties which most other MIA members didn't. Even if he was away, he was trying to keep us informed (but couldn't), SO I changed my mind,
I'd be fine with an exceptional instant comeback for Sonic.

Please share your views.

Note: IF others also change their minds, I hope this time you would stay active, dedicated, commited and would find a way to contact us if anything happens (even from a public computer)

Regards,
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Visitor
Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Sat 29 Dec - 15:35

ThePrinter wrote:
I agree,

=SA= has changed: you have changed

I haven't changed much.. lol!

most of the communiques were on irc, I know macm, capone, especially comet, and even you ThePrinter, I spoke with there (though whether I spoke with you about random subjects or about my situation I cannot recall). Comet received most of the specifics, the whole story almost, macm and capone, and 1 or 2 others I can't recall specifically at the moment, received bits and pieces of it. I was in a situation that I could not predict, not knowing where I would live, if anywhere, the next week, many times even the next day. No computer, internet, transportation, and with an injury this is very dire. That being said, I still agree to reapply like any other member who was away as long as I would have to. I don't know why I asked otherwise, I guess I was afraid I would be rejected, my long absence used as argument against my loyalty or willingness to put effort...

full response here: https://sa-clan.darkbb.com/t1373-sonic-hoping-to-be-back
Back to top Go down
ShadowFlameZ
Visitor
ShadowFlameZ

PostSubject: Re: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1Sat 29 Dec - 16:00

Y'all should also remember that this is Sonic's 3rd time (at least!) wanting to return to this clan - I've kept track.

Most normal people would've given up by now, but he didn't. That's something to be commended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic about his MIA status   Sonic about his MIA status Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sonic about his MIA status
Page 1 of 1