=SA= Sniper Alliance Clan website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
=SA= Sniper Alliance Clan website

An Assault Cube Clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latest News : Recruitment at =SA= is OPEN. If interested, post your application in the "Recruitment" forum! | CapOne and PhaNtom members in the clan have left! | Whitelist updated

Sonic hoping to be back

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonic
Visitor
Sonic

Sonic hoping to be back Empty
PostSubject: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Wed 26 Dec - 21:33

I bought a new laptop yesterday and as long as im healing my broken tibia i have time to play Smile
Back to top Go down
Comet
=SA= Founding Member + Senate | Twitter Manager
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 18:06

Good to hear bro. Wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you on online soon like the old days. Smile
Note: Dont forget to install clients for IRC, Teamspeak3 Smile and maybe Assaultcube if you still got interests in it Razz

Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 20:02

Hey there Sonic!
Great to hear things are turning out for the better in your life now, and happy to see you back ( :

The core values of =SA= have remained the same - if not, even stronger than they were before.
That is, community, family, commitment, family, and having fun together Wink

However, since your absence, we saw the leaving of some old members and the arrival of many new guys.

Recruitment is a lot more thorough than it ever has been before. Applications don't take a few days - now a few weeks. You cannot vote in the first week, to avoid rash voting. An applicant needs 3 invitations before applying.
This is all to ensure the clan is all on-board on the big decision of welcoming a new member to the family.
It is damaging for the clan when we recruit players who will later ditch - which has happened a lot in the past - so I can say we are a lot more careful now Like a Star @ heaven

Also, I think we have shifted to a more competitive level. We aren't crazy competitive and we prioritize our enjoyment and fun with our mates - but we've been making serious efforts to challenge more difficult opponents, train new skills, and develop new team strategies.

So, with all the above that's been said Sonic, I highly recommend you take some time to settle in and get acquainted with the many new changes to your good old clan = ]

Meet some of our new guys!

When you feel you are prepared to re-apply, go and get those invitations!

Good luck,
=SA=RCJD
Back to top Go down
@l <@P0n3
Resigned =SA= Founding Member | =SA= Friend
@l <@P0n3

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Fri 28 Dec - 22:48

RCJD said it all ^^
Welcome back and Good luck!
Wish you a quick recovery also.
Tc
Back to top Go down
Faron
=SA= Member | Janitor
Faron

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Sat 29 Dec - 5:47

what about after your tibia is fixed? Do I have to come cover there and break it again to keep you here?
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Visitor
Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Sat 29 Dec - 14:28

lol Faron. No, being fit for physical activity will keep me here more than hospitalization. In physical therapy rehabs they usually dont let you have a computer.

RCJD wrote:

Recruitment is a lot more thorough than it ever has been before. Applications don't take a few days - now a few weeks. You cannot vote in the first week, to avoid rash voting. An applicant needs 3 invitations before applying.
This is all to ensure the clan is all on-board on the big decision of welcoming a new member to the family.
It is damaging for the clan when we recruit players who will later ditch - which has happened a lot in the past - so I can say we are a lot more careful now Like a Star @ heaven

I completely agree with the 3 invites rule, I believe instituted long, long ago. I also agree recruitment became lax and (I especially) was dredging the bottom of the barrel looking for talent, I ended up recruiting the liar swanvel, but also got ThePrinter into the clan with those same methods Wink
You see, that period of time you describe was right after we lost many, many members at once. Walker knows exactly what I'm talking about. We had 1 inactive founder and 1 hostile founder.. we were desperate, really. Such lax recruitment standards allowed the NEAR-approval of a hacker, a fake tag, a non-committed person... selfish immature fair-weathered friends that should never have been considered for membership in this clan. Since hearing about swanvel, the one I believed was a diamond in the rough, a vindication of the numerous invites strategy (as well as Printer Smile), I have understood the foolishness of those actions (although be careful not to offend the bright-eyed and innocent) and for that reason,

I have changed my mind and want to apply the normal fashion, as the rules stipulate. I see no reason why I should get any special treatment, just because I was active long ago. So much time has passed, that even if I had been able to predict an exact date of return and post the plan concretely in the forum, I would still have to gain the trust of newer members, and set an example as for the clan as well.
Back to top Go down
RCJD
=SA= Member
RCJD

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Sat 29 Dec - 17:31

Sonic wrote:

I have changed my mind and want to apply the normal fashion, as the rules stipulate. I see no reason why I should get any special treatment, just because I was active long ago. So much time has passed, that even if I had been able to predict an exact date of return and post the plan concretely in the forum, I would still have to gain the trust of newer members, and set an example as for the clan as well.

<3

In all honesty, I was afraid you'd rage at "this newer kid in the clan who isn't giving me, a long-time member, an easy time to get back in! Evil or Very Mad "

I simply was concerned about all of us getting on the same page, as I really do feel =SA= today was not certainly not the same clan to date last year --> but in a good way, ofc Wink

I highly respect your choice to go through the re-application process. Maybe I'm too much of a "rules" guy, but it wouldn't feel right in my gut if we returned membership to a member in a snap, no matter the reasons for absence.

And anyways, we all know that even though you are re-applying with the application rules and all that - it'll be far quicker than the normal new applicant since most of us already know you, our old clan buddy and long-time =SA= family... and you already know most of us!

invite +1 !

Let's get those games + screen shots going, as well as IRC chats = )
Back to top Go down
Comet
=SA= Founding Member + Senate | Twitter Manager
Comet

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Sat 29 Dec - 23:51

Here's my Invite Smile
Back to top Go down
Faron
=SA= Member | Janitor
Faron

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1Sun 30 Dec - 6:18

Invite if he likes the sonic franchise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic hoping to be back   Sonic hoping to be back Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sonic hoping to be back
Page 1 of 1